NVRDC seeks an energetic, and entrepreneurial Sustainability and Communications Manager to lead and grow NVRDC’s outreach and fundraising efforts.
This individual will be an innovative self-starter, resourceful, highly organized, a team player, a critical and analytical thinker, self-reflective and self-aware, and open to growth and learning. The ideal candidate will be committed to working with people from diverse cultural, linguistic, economic, educational, and vocational backgrounds to demonstrate NVRDC’s dedication to social justice and access to justice for all victims of crime in DC.
This position will report to NVRDC’s Co-Executive Directors while spearheading the development and implementation of NVRDC’s fundraising and communications strategies. As a new position in the organization, the selected candidate will have the opportunity to build and grow the organization’s development and communications strategies at NVRDC.
POSITION PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The majority of the Sustainability and Communication Manager’s time will be spent on refining and carrying out NVRDC’s Sustainability Plan that includes strategies to implement development and communications efforts that include cultivation of existing and new donors, coordinating and ensuring completion of all grant writing efforts, and oversight of NVRDC’s external and internal messaging.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Execute NVRDC’s annual development plan;
- Support NVRDC’s Co-Executive Directors in securing financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive donor database;
- Coordinate with NVRDC’s outreach staff on their work related to NVRDC’s communications and messaging strategies;
- Manage NVRDC’s social media content strategies by overseeing staff responsible for day-to-day social media engagement;
- Provide oversight to NVRDC’s Outreach and Communications staff in ensuring consistent messaging internally and externally;
- Oversee the planning and promotion of NVRDC’s annual events and giving campaigns;
- Support NVRDC’s Co-Executive Directors in developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors;
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors;
- Support NVRDC’s Co-Executive Directors in board engagement and training related to fundraising and communications;
- Supporting NVRDC’s Co-Executive Directors in other related tasks necessary to ensure the success of the organization’s giving and communications goals.
This position requires a self-starter who works well independently and as a team player. Specific skills and background must include:
- BA (required) PR, Strategic Communications, Marketing or related field
- At least 2 years of experience supporting and implementing fundraising and/or strategic communication efforts for an organization.
- Experience managing a cohesive digital media content strategy;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- A reputation for integrity, dependability and professionalism.
Start Date: May 22, 2017
This is a full-time, (40 hours per week) FLSA exempt, at-will position. Compensation range: $55,000-65,000. NVRDC offers a competitive benefits package including paid-time off, medical and dental care coverage, and retirement plan options with an employer match.
NVRDC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence or stalking, or any other status protected by applicable federal and District of Columbia laws. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified applicants upon request. Auxiliary aids and services are available in alternative formats.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and three references to Bridgette Stumpf, email@example.com by May 1, 2017. All inquiries related to this position should be submitted to Bridgette Stumpf via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.